Dryer Vent Cleaning

Every winter, Texans are faced with a danger inside their homes that most people are unaware exists. With a name like Firehouse Heating & Air, you can understand why this is important to us: Clothes Dryer Fires!

According to FEMA, 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported yearly, leading to an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss! The leading cause of these fires is failure to clean the dryer vents! (Click to read documentation)

A dirty dryer vent is a warning sign for potential fire risk in your home.

One of the most important things you can do as a homeowner is to address this issue before it endangers your family! There are several things FEMA recommends that you do:

  • Clean the lint filter before and after each load of laundry. Don’t forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up.
  • Clean lint out of the vent pipe every three months.
  • Cover outside wall dampers to keep out rain, snow, and dirt.
  • Check regularly to ensure nests of small animals and insects are not blocking the outside vent.
  • Don’t overload the dryer.
  • Don’t leave a clothes dryer running if you leave home or when you go to bed.
  • Have your dryer & vents cleaned regularly by a professional.

That’s Where We Come In

The owner of Firehouse Heating & Air, Wesley Gheen, is a retired Wylie Fire Rescue fireman who dedicated his career to keeping his neighbors safe from house fires. His experience in the fire service makes him uniquely qualified to help our customers stay safe from this very real danger.

Dryer vents need to be thoroughly and professionally cleaned on a regular basis. Doing so will dramatically decrease the risk of fire in your home.

In addition to safety, there are other significant benefits, including:

  • Your clothes will dry faster.
  • Your dryer will last longer with fewer repairs.
  • Your electric bill will be reduced.

Give us a call today at (469) 247-3234. We’ll schedule you for a dryer vent cleaning and ensure your home and family are safe from the danger of dryer fires!