Dryer Vent Cleaning
Every winter, Texans are faced with a danger inside their homes that most people are unaware exists. With a name like Firehouse Heating & Air, you can understand why this is important to us: Clothes Dryer Fires!
According to FEMA, there are 2,900 home clothes dryer fires reported every year, leading to an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss! The leading cause of these fires is failure to clean the dyer vents! (Click to read documentation)
One of the most important things you can do as a homeowner is address this issue in your home before it endangers your family! There are several things FEMA recommends that you do:
- Clean the lint filter before and after each load of laundry. Don’t forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up.
- Clean lint out of the vent pipe every three months.
- Put a covering on outside wall dampers to keep out rain, snow and dirt.
- Check regularly to make sure nests of small animals and insects are not blocking the outside vent.
- Don’t overload the dryer.
- Don’t leave a clothes dryer running if you leave home or when you go to bed.
- Have your dryer & vents cleaned regularly by a professional.
That’s Where We Come In
The owner of Firehouse Heating & Air, Wesley Gheen, is a retired Wylie Fire Rescue fireman who dedicated his career to keeping his neighbors safe from house fires. His experience in the fire service makes him uniquely qualified to help our customers stay safe from this very real danger.
Dryer vents need to be thoroughly and professionally cleaned on a regular basis. Doing so will dramatically decrease the risk of fire in your home.
In addition to safety, there are other important benefits, including:
- Your clothes will dry faster.
- Your dryer will last longer with less repairs.
- Your electric bill will be reduced.
Give us a call today at (469) 247-3234. We’ll schedule you for a dryer vent cleaning and ensure your home and family are safe from the danger of dryer fires!